Everybody wants a brighter and whiter smile. Who doesn’t? And a person who wishes to achieve a perfect smile is willing to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars and undergo the treatment for the sake of a brighter and whiter smile. The rewards are exceptional. You become more attractive. You gain more self-esteem. You develop more healthy oral hygienic habits. However, there are also disadvantages like high costs, and it is always good to discuss the several advantages and disadvantages.
ADVANTAGES OF TEETH WHITENING
- For majority of us, our self-confidence is the only reason why we want our teeth whiter and brighter, always looking at those Hollywood actors smiles but having slightly off-white teeth is fine for most; however, it is different for those who have a distinctive discolouration which can be caused by a number of various factors and may even be a sign of dental health. With Teeth Whitening procedure, no more hiding behind your hand when smiling or talking and just a more confident approach to daily things of life.
- Because you are already interested in finding the affect teeth whitening can have on your day to day life, choosing the right option is vital. A customised home kit is among the most common as you apply the gel over and over again or as little as suitable for your needs, so if you have a special event, and you need your smile to look its best you can pop into your trays and in a couple of hours later have that perfect smile. Also, you should always go to your dentist for this teeth whitening treatment and make sure they are offering the best services since the CHEAPEST is not necessarily the best, so please beware when making your decision.
- Dentist-assisted teeth whitening in Abbey Wood is not risky except in the hands of inexperienced specialists. The most common danger in teeth whitening is the overuse, incorrect use or misuse of standard whitening products which are widely available.
DISADVANTAGES OF TEETH WHITENING
- Misuse of whitening products can damage various parts of your oral cavity, so making use of too many abrasive teeth whitening products may thin the enamel of your teeth, which will make them more prone to decay and damage. Similarly, it has been proven if not used properly it can affect the health of cheeks and tissue of the gums – this is the reason why we always recommend that you do this sort of treatment through a dentist and have the best information to get the best outcomes in the safest way possible.
- The least alarming drawback of teeth whitening is irregular whitening or overusing which can cause sensitivity, always make sure you have been guided and understand what you have to do to get the best results in the least harmful way possible and consult your dentist if you find any problems whilst using the system.
WHEN TO AVOID IT
While teeth whitening does have many cosmetic benefits, it is not for everybody. Teeth whitening procedure can often be expensive and doesn’t work on all sorts of tooth discolouration. Teeth whitening agents are not effective on fillings, veneers, crowns, and caps and likely won’t work for discolouration that is grey, brown or caused by injury or medication. That’s the reason why it’s essential to check with your dentist before investing money on teeth whitening products.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of teeth whitening will help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. When used correctly, teeth whitening products are considered to be safe and secure; however, they are not useful for all type of stains. Always check with your dentist before whitening.